Monday, July 18, 2011

Each Peach

Each Peach was the latest expedition for we Champions. There is no website that I can find – but this is the review that sent us there.

Each peach has the shabby interior that kind of mumbles I’m just scraping into inner city and I’m so hip that I don’t care. But it has charm and is obviously fully intended – it’s decked out in trimmings from no doubt the funkiest op-shops in the inner north, and to my own personal pleasure, there’s heaps of pink. Can you say trimmings when it does not relate to a Christmas tree?


We were seated in the upstairs area which is bright and roomy, with a long school camp reminiscent table with those long bench seats. I expect on a busy weekend you’d have to share them but it was lovely to have it all to ourselves on an semi-quiet Thursday. The menus are charming, and check out the kids play area. The little girl buried deep inside kinda wanted to go play with that doll house.

Pink dolls house, bless

My coffee was lovely. And to continue with the charm factor, isn't’ this cup just lovely. Reminds me of Nanna, but not too over the top. I didn’t see that the menu had Bonsoy until later when looking at the photos – totally bummed, Bonsoy is my all time favourite soy! Next time


















I ordered the ‘Tumble Rumble' after the last time I had food envy over the chilli scrambled eggs at Tryyany of distance. This consisted of scrambled eggs with tomato, coriander a bit of chilli all on top of a hearty slice of sourdough toast. It was lovely, slightly too much egg vs toast for my liking, but I do like to get a good mouthful of toast and egg in one hit. The only downfall of the meal was that my order came a good couple of minutes before anyone else’s. I sat there awkwardly, wanting to eat but doing my best not to be rude. It got slightly ridiculous and once the comment was thrown out that I was being silly and my eggs would go cold, I tucked in. Luckily the rest of the meals came out then.




Alex, Tiffo and Maddy had the Ultimate BLT with various alterations: Tiffo went the standard, which consisted of thick cut free-range bacon , lettuce, tomato, chilli jam, a fried egg and aioli. Apparently delicious and the bacon was just the right amount of crispiness. Maddy had hers with avocado, and much amusement was had when we realised that it meant hers was a BLAT. Alex had his sans tomato which would have the much less entertaining abbreviation of a BL.


B.L.A.T!

Steph enjoyed the ‘Big greek baked beans' - slow cooked with rosemary and dill with sourdough olive bread and Meredith goats fetta. She reported that it was delicious and also wholesome feeling, for those who want to feel good after breakfast. Combining breakfast and sour cream is such a winner in my book, so I look forward to trying that next time. I would have had food envy again had my tomato chilli eggs not been so lovely.


For the traditional BOC sweet treat, Tiff and Alex shared a chocolate pecan pie. I stole a little, they had warmed it up which could have only enhanced how good it was. Brilliant.


Om nom nom nom

Additional fun aspects – awesome toilets. Blackboard paint and supplied with chalk? Don’t mind if we do!





Also they sell jams and preserves. Steph bought a fig and apple jam, and apparently it’s amazing. Really sweet and nice chunks of fig. Unfortunately no pictures of the jam shelf but it’s near the front counter if you’re looking out for it!




No comments:

Post a Comment