Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Minor Place


This week we scoured Melbourne Breakfast Out for somewhere that appealed and I selected A Minor Place. This was selected primarily on their nice interior shots and I hadn’t really focused on the menu. So when my breakfast buds responded enthusiastically I was a little concerned. What if I let them down? Uh-oh

It takes a lot of dedication to get to this cafĂ© – can’t turn right onto Albion Street from Holmes Street, and Brunswick is full of these tiny maze like streets and a million ‘No Through Road’ signs. Not to mention that the little blue dot on iPhone maps couldn’t decide where it was and there must be a lot of sign stealing going on in Brunswick. But we got there in the end, epic adventure!

Lucky we persisted. This was my BEST BREAKFAST YET! And I’ve had some sweet as breakfasts over the last few months, not to mention all the delicious breakfasts I’ve had over my entire lifetime.





















Coffee. Delicious and in decent size mug, that’s my kind of coffee.


I couldn’t resist eggs but I always go something big breakfast and it was hard to pass it up, but then the magic word jumped out at me – BAGEL.


bagel

I freakin love bagels. Love love love love love them so, so much. It was supposed to come with ham but since I don’t do meat, I substituted with avocado (side note: they took money OFF the bill cause I removed the ham, how good is that!). Relish, rocket, avocado, perfectly poached egg, and did I mention bagel? BLOW MY MIND WHY DON’T YOU.




You can't see the fetta and pesto combo but you'd better believe it was there

Tiff got “The Mumbler” and if it wasn’t draped in her standard extra bacon I’d have done a classic “look over there” move to distract her and tucked right in. Fetta, pesto, eggs, spinach, tomato, multigrain toast. Look at how fresh it looks! Drrroooollll



Check out that bean action

Peachy got “Brazilian Breakfast”. Who doesn’t love a good Brazilian? Similar to the aforementioned Mumbler but with less spinach and tomato and more beans and avocado. Beans were apparently delicious and so on my wish list for my next visit.





Standard sweet treat for the girls post meal, apparently as lovely as their mains. I was too full of bagel to partake. The only issue was the somewhat grumpy waitress. Ever the optimist, I’m going to believe she was just having a bad day. So hard to find, potentially less than friendly staff (other staff seemed fine though, to be fair, they just weren’t serving us) with awesome, song inspiring food. I may or may not have composed a song about bagels on the way home. GO THERE


demolished

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, your blogs always make me laugh... such good food! I want to go back! I'm not nearly as satisfied with my morning brekky this morning as I usually am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know what you mean - I made eggs with my newly purchased jar pesto and it didn't even come close!

    ReplyDelete