Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dino's Deli



I’ve read that Dino’s is down the “interesting” end of Chapel Street. I’m going to go ahead and give our readers less credit than Epicure gives theirs and tell you that’s in Windsor. In my book interesting = awesome when the second-hand bookshop next door regularly has adorable kitties in their window


Awww yeah

Interesting also = awesome when the coffee is always great and the staff are always friendly, relaxed and keen as mustard to help and give you what you want. For example, when my breakfast companion S asked for a milkshake, he was advised they don’t actually do milkshakes, but they could do him the best darn iced chocolate around. And check it out





Best iced chocolate I’ve seen all day.

My coffee was great, and I knew it would be. It’s so nice to go somewhere that you know the coffee is always great.

I suppose the cup could have been slightly bigger but tasted great

I got eggs again. I just can’t help myself, I swear I will mix it up next time. These mushrooms on the side were ah-mah-zing. Definitely not from a can. And ohh that little potato thing? Awesome. Also, I’d like to send a shout out to their chef for not buttering my toast, I always forget to ask for it unbuttered and this dude just read my mind.




S got the Eggs Benedict but substituted the ham for smoked salmon. I haven’t eaten hollandaise sauce since I discovered what the ingredients are (basically egg yolk, butter and some other kind of fat. It’s essentially just fat, delicious, delicious fat) but this made me want in. Maybe you and I are due to meet again hollandaise, except not when I’m having a fat day, clearly.



Overall, funky, excellent coffee, nice atmosphere. Dino’s = #winning

No comments:

Post a Comment